This is what the job looks like
The key account manager (KAM) role is considered a senior commercial role within Venn Telecom, which reports to the Head of Sales.
He/she will be managing a handful of existing international/global Venn customers daily to harvest the full business potential of these customers.
- Language skills: fluent in English, French, Dutch + 1 additional language is a plus (preferably German)
- Good communication/social skills in a commercial context (listening/speaking/writing/non-verbal)
- Good organizational skills: be well organized, be structured
- Good PC skills: MS Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)/Salesforce
- A driving licence is a “must-have”
- Minimum 10 years experience (and proven track record) in a (senior) account management function in a telco infrastructure-based environment
- Manages the full sales cycle on an existing customer portfolio: opportunity detection – project handover to Venn’s support organization
- Qualifies new opportunities: understand Venn’s value proposition, but also understand the actual stage we are in as a company (scale-up company)
- Understands the decision-making process (and actors) within the key accounts in the portfolio
- Is able to prioritize when faced with important workload (timing/level of importance)
- Can work in a disciplined/structured way towards his/her target
- Networking: likes to establish/maintain (new) strategic relationships within the organization, part of his/her assigned customer portfolio
- Is able to sell at strategic/C- level: “value selling” and “solution selling”
- Can make himself/herself available for travel if required (expected 5%-10% of your time)
- Motivated, results-driven “can do” individual while respecting both the internal organization and the customer
- Problem solver: don’t have obstacles block him/her from reaching targets
- Upright, reliable, and positive personality
- Structured person
- Self-steering/autonomous personality: “Do what needs to be done to do the job”
- A true Team player: small Team means everybody helps each other
What does Venn expect from you
- To unlock the full business potential of him/her managed customer portfolio
- To actively promote Venn, Venn’s unique value and its activities on social media (e.g. LinkedIn)
- To feed Venn with market intelligence (product/pricing/competition/ecosystem…)
- To actively build a professional network within the Venn Ecosystem
- To actively build a professional network within your assigned customer base
- Be a Team player, both internally and towards the prospect/customer
- Maintain reliable periodical written reporting: Salesforce
- Put together on a yearly basis an account plan for his/her assigned accounts
What's in it for you
You will work in a company where the employees take a central position. Therefore, we find it essential there is a good balance between professional and private life. A truly supportive organization.
We organise various activities to foster a good team spirit.
You can count on a full-time contract of undefined duration and plenty of benefits: 13th month, group and hospitalisation insurance, meal- and eco vouchers, laptop, cellular phone and 6 extra days off yearly to guarantee the work-life balance.
You can contact us at HR@venntelecom.com